Character & Leadership
COVID-19 Announcement: We understand that this is a troubling time, but we are here to ensure that you can continue your journey towards your higher education. We allow you to stay home, get ahead and not slow your education. We have zero service interruptions to our online students. We are open, fully-staffed and working around the clock for the success of our students.
Character & Leadership Overview
The goal of the Character & Leadership Program is to do what can be done, in the short time students are enrolled, to ensure that they leave the college better prepared to meet future ethical challenges and better prepared to be leaders and participating citizens in their communities. Here, we will give each student the tools necessary to reach their full potential in whatever endeavors they pursue.
At Georgia Military Global Online College, we develop your intellect through accredited academic programs, while implementing a deliberate and intensive character & leadership education program that occupies a position of critical importance in the college mission.
The term “Ethics Across the Curriculum” describes a trend in higher education that calls for the infusion of the study of ethics into all aspects of the college academic program in ways that promote ethical inquiry and encourage students to take ethics seriously as a developed personal motivation.
Our Ethics Across the Curriculum program is how we accomplish the part of our mission that calls for the college to provide “…a curriculum conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.”
In general, the principal goal of the Georgia Military Global Online College program is to graduate students who are more likely to know and do what is right. Other goals of the college’s program are:
- To provide students with multiple opportunities to study, discuss, and think about ethical issues they will encounter in their personal and professional lives.
- To equip students with the tools to think through ethical issues in a critical and responsible way.
- To create an environment in which students practice “civil” discourse in the presence of differing views and thereby learn to speak civilly to each other, work through disagreements, and treat each other with respect.
- To develop sensitivity in our students to the suffering of others and an inclination to help those in need.
- To improve life in our classrooms, on our campuses, and in our communities.
Let us help you to become the best possible version of yourself.