Military & Veteran Benefits
Overview & Benefits
Georgia Military Global Online College welcomes all veterans, service members, and their families to attend. We understand that your path to online education may be different than your other classmates. We have dedicated enrollment and graduation coaches to help guide you through the educational process while overcoming your unique challenges. We are one of the most respected and best-value community colleges in the nation for military-affiliated students. Here are a few reasons why we are continuously recognized as one of the best:
- Flexibility: We offer a wide range of online programs that let you learn anywhere, anytime, and at your own pace.
- Affordability: Our online students benefit from an unbeatable, in-state-only tuition policy, and a vast array of financial aid options.
- High Quality: Learn the competitive skills you need to succeed in today’s economy from dedicated faculty who are focused on your success, not research.
- Student Support: From application through graduation and beyond, we have the online resources to support you.
- Accreditation and National Recognition: Accredited by the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), we are also designated as one of the top military-friendly and best community colleges in the country.
Military Transfer Credits
GMC Online is working hard to award as many credits as possible for military-related training, and courses. To assist in this mission, we have created the Associate of Applied Science in Technical Studies that will allow for maximal credit transfer to earn your degree as quickly as possible. Not to mention, an AAS degree with us will also allow you to continue your education, and earn a Bachelor of Applied Science, too! The BAS program you’re eligible for will vary depending on the military credits that are provided to us on your JST, or CCAF. To be eligible for this degree program, you must have at least 22.5 credit hours of occupational/technical courses within an accepted military specialty. For more information, call an enrollment coach, or submit a request for information.
Step 1. Apply for benefits with your branch:
Step 2. Submit the Tuition Assistance Request Form
Georgia Military Global Online College is dedicated to helping Veterans and dependents of veterans receive educational benefits for which they are entitled. There are several types of benefits available to veterans and dependents of veterans. The Veteran’s Administration and Department of Defense determine eligibility based on many different factors. Please view the link below to learn more about the types of benefits available.
Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (MGIB)
Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
Chapter 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
The MyCAA program is available for spouses of active duty soldiers. This includes spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components on Title X orders in these same pay grades. We offer other forms of financial aid in the event you are not eligible for MyCAA funding.